Stuffed Aubergines With Lamb
- 2 large Aubergines (Eggplants)
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Stock cube
- 250 g Lamb Mince
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley
- Olive Oil
- Cut the Aubergines in half, and scoop out most of the flesh to form four "boats".
- If necessary dice the aubergine flesh, place it on a plate, and salt it well.
- Brush the aubergine boats with a little oil, and place into a casserole dish in an oven at 180 degrees C for approximately 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the rest of the vegetables, and place into a food processor until finely chopped and well mixed.
- Rinse the salt off the aubergine, squeezing out excess water, and add the flesh to the processor along with the lamb mince and stock cube. Process until the stuffing is well mixed.
- Remove the aubergine boats from the oven, and pour off the excess water (reserve it to cook your rice in, if you are having rice).
- Place the stuffing into the aubergine boats, and return to the oven at 180 degrees C for 25 minutes or until the stuffing is cooked through and browned on top. Serve immediately.