Green Curry Chicken
- 1 can Coconut Milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Green Curry Paste
- 2-1/2 lb boneless, skinless Chicken
- 1/2 cup Bamboo Shoots, sliced
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sugar, or equivalent sweetener
- 1 bunch Basil Leaves
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass
- 1 Lime
- 2 Chilies, jalapeņo or red
- Separate the basil and cilantro leaves from stalks.
- Zest one medium lime and recover the lime juice.
- Chop the basil, cilantro. Dice or julienne peppers, mince lemon grass.
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, heat 1/4 cup of coconut milk with the green curry paste. Stir until blended.
- Stir in the remaining coconut milk and the bamboo shoots, fish sauce, and sweetener.
- Add basil, cilantro, lemon grass, lime zest, lime juice and chili peppers.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with jasmine rice or steamed greens, such as red Swiss chard or broccoli.