Broccoli and Carrot Soup
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 2 medium Carrots (chopped)
- 2 Celery Ribs (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 3 cups Fat-free Milk (divided)
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Thyme (dried)
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 3 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- Cook the onion, carrots and celery in butter, in a large saucepan, for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in 2¾ cups milk, salt, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to boil and reduce the flame.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes, so that the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the flour and remaining milk until smooth. Gradually stir into the soup.
- Bring to a boil & cook for 2 more minutes or until thickened.