- For Filling
- 1 lb Meat (lamb or beef, ground)
- 1 can Potatoes (chop to small pieces before using)
- 3 cups Instant Rice
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 Fresh Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup Dill
- 2½ cup Flour
- ½ cup Water
- 1 stick Soft Butter
- Prepare instant rice, as instructed on the package.
- Place a medium frying pan on fire and place in the meat.
- Fry till the meat turns brown.
- Drain the grease and add potatoes, onion, garlic, parsley and half cup of dill in the meat.
- Stir on medium heat continuously, till the mixture sets in.
- Add in the rice and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the remaining half cup dill to the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Take a large bowl and mix together 2 cups of flour and butter.
- Mix thoroughly, till it is soft.
- Add in water and mix till it looks like dough.
- Roll out into a ball.
- Spread half cup of flour on a clean flat surface and roll out the dough until completely flat.
- Take a wide cup and cut out circular crusts from the rolled out dough.
- Place each circle onto the baking sheet.
- Place some of the rice filling in the center of each circle.
- Fold and pinch each circle, over the filling.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.