Red Christmas Glogg
- 2 (750 ml) bottles Fruity Red Wine (such as Beaujolais)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Port
- 3 (7cm) Cinnamon Sticks
- 14 Whole Cloves
- 1 Orange (peeled & cut into thin strips)
- 1 cup (220g) White Sugar (or to taste)
- ¾ cup (190ml) Rum (or to taste)
- ¼ cup Brandy (or to taste)
- 1 cup (155g) Raisins
- 1 cup (125g) Slivered Almonds
- Pour red wine, port, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and orange peel in a large pot and place over medium-low heat.
- Simmer the mixture and add in white sugar, rum and brandy.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes and stir continuously, to dissolve the sugar till the mixture starts steaming, but is not boiling.
- Mix raisins and almonds in a bowl.
- Pour the prepared mixture into coffee cups or small glasses or ceramic mugs.
- Garnish with a spoonful of raisin and almond mixture.
- Serve warm.