- 2 Oranges
- 2 Lemons
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/4 cup Sherry
- 1 quart French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 24 Strawberries
- Extract the juice from oranges and lemons. Grate their rinds on a piece of waxed paper and put in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs yolks for a minute, in the top of double boiler, over water, just under the boiling point.
- Now, add the grated orange and lemon rinds to the beaten egg-yolk, along with all other ingredients, except ice cream and strawberries.
- Continue to beat, until the mixture gets the consistency of Hollandaise sauce and forms slight foam.
- Remove from heat.
- The sauce is ready!
- Make individual strawberry sundae and top with the Sabayon sauce.