|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Butter (softened)
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Raspberry Preserves
- 2 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Combine butter and white sugar in a large bowl and cream until smooth.
- Add in the egg and beat well.
- Mix all-purpose flour and salt together and stir in the egg mixture, to form stiff dough.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and roll half the dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into star shapes.
- Place the cookies onto the greased cookie sheet, 1-inch apart from each other.
- Place a teaspoon of raspberry jam on each cookie and spread towards the points of the stars.
- Roll out the remaining half dough and cut out stars of the same size.
- Cut holes in the center of each star and place them onto the prepared jam stars.
- Bake in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes, until the cookies turn golden around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the cookie sheets and place them on wire racks to cool.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and almond extract together in a small bowl.
- Stir well to form a glaze. Add water if the mixture if too thick to drizzle.
- Drizzle the prepared glaze over the cooled cookies.