- 2¼ pounds Cod (Halibut/Trout)
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1½ cups Heavy Cream
- 3 Egg Whites
- Clean the fish. Peel off its skin and remove the bones. Chop the fish and grind fine. Add salt.
- Whip the cream until it is stiff and fold in the fish, mixing it well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and add to the mixture.
- Butter a mold liberally. Fill it ¾ full with the mixture.
- Set in a pan containing a little hot water. Cover and bake in the oven, preheated at a temperature of 325 deg F.
- Unmold fiskebudding on a serving platter and serve with mushroom sauce.