Spicy Carrot Salad
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1-1/2 lbs Carrots, (peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick ovals)
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 to 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup Raisins or Chopped Apples
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil.
- Add carrots and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain well and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the juice, sugar, oil, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Toss with carrots and raisins or apples. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 3 hours.