Soft White Bagette-Style Bread
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1-1/4 cups Warm Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Dry Yeast
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3-4 cups Flour
- 1 Egg White
- 1 tsp Cold Water
- Sesame Seeds
- Spray nonstick cooking spray on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- In a small bowl take yeast and to it add 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 cup warm water and leave for 10 minutes to make the yeast foam.
- In another bowl take 3 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Now pour the yeast mixture and knead the flour to make soft semi- sticky dough.
- Now flour a plane surface and cover with a tea towel and then keep the dough on it for 10 minutes.
- Knead gently after 10 minutes and form a round ball.
- Grease a bowl and place the dough in it. Cover with the tea cloth and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour to make the dough rise.
- After an hour take the dough into a surface sprinkled with flour and shape it into a rectangle.
- Now cover the loaf with a dry tea towel and set aside to rise for 35 minutes.
- In a cup beat 1 egg white with 1 teaspoon cold water.
- Lightly coat the loaf with this mixture and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Place the bread in the cookie sheet and then bake for 30 minutes in a pre heated oven at 375 degrees F.
- Remove when the bread is golden brown.