- 500g Spinach (roughly chopped)
- 500g Swiss Chard (roughly chopped)
- 4 Spring Onions (chopped)
- 2 big Onions (sliced)
- 1 bunch of Fennel (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Burghul
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Spices
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Soak the burghul in water, for about ½ an hour.
- Put oil in a deep pan and fry onions, until brown.
- Add spinach, swiss chard and spring onions. Stir-fry for about 10 minutes.
- Now, add fennel, burghul, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Simmer, covered, for about 10-15 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning, if required.
- Serve sleek warm or cold, as you like.