Crustless Broccoli Quiche
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (shredded or grated)
- 4 ounces Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs (dry, unseasoned)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg (large)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups Milk (reduced fat)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1-1/2 cups Broccoli Florets (diced and steamed till tender)
- 1/4 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- Cooking Spray
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Take a 9-inch deep pie pan and coat it with cooking spray.
- Add the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a small bowl and pour it into the pie pan.
- Tilt the pie pan around, until it is completely coated with the mixture.
- Sprinkle broccoli and Cheddar cheese on top.
- Take a mixing bowl and add eggs, milk and salt together. Beat the eggs until they are well foamy.
- To the beaten eggs, add the chopped onions as well as the garlic powder and hot sauce. Blend this together until it is smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the pie pan and stir it gently, using a fork, until all ingredients are evenly blended together.
- Place the pie pan in the oven and let it bake for 45 minutes, or until the center sets and the edges become puffy and browned.
- Cool down a bit, cut into slices and serve.