Baby Corn Capsicum Masala
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Capsicum, chopped
- 3 heads Baby Corn
- 1 cup Fresh Beans
- 2 Potatoes (medium sized)
- 3 Onions (medium sized)
- 1 Tomato (medium sized)
- 1 piece Ginger
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 15 Cashews
- 4 tsp Kasthuri Methi
- Chop the baby corn into small pieces.
- Wash the potatoes and peel them. Cut them into medium-sized pieces.
- Add the chopped potato, baby corn and fresh beans to a bowl of salt water.
- Cook this in a cooker for 15 minutes.
- Peel the onions and chop them into tiny pieces.
- Wash and chop tomatoes.
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- Add the chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and cashews to a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth paste. Add water, if needed, in order to get the right consistency.
- Take a pan and add 5 teaspoons of cooking oil to it. Once the oil is hot, add the chopped capsicum and fry for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the capsicum to another bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the same pan and heat the oil. Add mustard to the oil once it is heated.
- Once the mustard stops sputtering, add chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder to this and fry this well.
- Add the previously blended mixture of chopped onions, garlic, etc to the pan and cook over a low flame.
- Stir the mixture until the water in it evaporates and the gravy begins to get thick.
- Add the vegetables that were cooked in the cooker and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the fried capsicum and salt to taste.
- Add kasthuri methi and cumin seeds. Stir for 2 minutes and take the pan off the heat.