Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 (3.5 ounce) link Sweet Italian Sausage (casings removed)
- 1 cup Onions (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 5 cups Beef Stock
- 1/3 cup Water
- ½ cup Red Wine
- 4 Tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup Carrots (chopped)
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Zucchini (chopped)
- 8 ounces Cheese Tortellini
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated, for topping)
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat and add in the sausage.
- Crumble and sauté the sausage for 10 minutes, until well browned.
- Drain all the fat, except 1 tablespoon.
- Add in the onions and garlic and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add beef stock, water, tomatoes, red wine, carrots, basil, oregano and tomato sauce.
- Ring the contents to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, cheese tortellini, green bell pepper and parsley. Simmer for another 10 minutes till the tortellini is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and pour into individual bowls.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.