Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- 1½ pounds lean Lamb (ground)
- 1 small Onion (grated)
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 3 ounces Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 large Onion (chopped)
- 3 large, ripe Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1 Lemon (juice)
- Combine ground meat, grated onion, allspice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Form walnut-sized balls from the mixture and set them aside.
- Brown pine nuts in oil lightly. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Fry onions in the same oil and set them aside separately, once they are golden brown.
- Now, place tomatoes, tomato paste and water in the same pan. Bring them to boil over high heat.
- Add lemon juice and the remaining ingredients. Also, add meatballs and the fried onions.
- Allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Add pine nuts just before serving.