Sauteed Kale with Toasted Pine Nuts
- 2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 bunch Green Kale (about 3-4 cups)
- ½ cup Pine Nuts
- Juice of one Lemon (about 1-2 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems and wash thoroughly.
- Chop the leaves into fine strips.
- Place a medium skillet over fire and add olive oil.
- Throw in the chopped onion and saute over medium heat, until translucent.
- Add garlic and stir for another minute, or until the fragrance arises.
- Add chopped kale and mix till it is completely wilted.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the kale is tender, vibrant green and still a little springy.
- Place a small dry saucepan over high heat and place pine nuts in it.
- Toast the pine nuts till they turn golden brown.
- Add the toasted pine nuts to the kale mixture.
- Drizzle lemon juice and add salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.