|Calories Per Serving:
- 1½ cups All-purpose Flour
- ¾ tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- 3/8 cup Milk (2%)
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1½ cups Emmentaler Cheese (shredded)
- Sift all-purpose flour, nutmeg, slat and pepper together.
- Break the eggs in a medium bowl and beat them well.
- Add in milk and the flour mixture, alternately.
- Mix well until smooth. Let the mixture stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour water into a large pot and add salt. Bring the water to a boil.
- Pass the batter into the water, through a spaetzle machine.
- Alternately, you can use a potato ricer, colander or a cheese grater.
- When the spaetzle floats on the water, remove it from the pot and set aside.
- Add 1 cup of Emmentaler cheese and mix.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt butter.
- Add the sliced onions and stir until golden.
- Add in spaetzle, along with the remaining half cup cheese. Stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat and serve hot immediately.