Green Beans and Pears with Bacon
|Calories Per Serving:
- ½ pound Bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound Fresh Green Beans (trimmed and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces)
- 3 Ripe Pears (cored and cut into quarters)
- 1 quart Water
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Keep a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat and place the bacon in it.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 to 6 minutes or until the pieces are partially cooked, but not brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Place a large saucepan over fire and mix the drained bacon, green beans and pears together.
- Add enough water to cover the ingredients in the pan.
- Bring the contents to a boil and reduce the flame to low heat.
- Simmer the contents for about 30 minutes till they are cooked and tender.
- Remove from heat and transfer the preparation to a serving dish, draining the excess water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.