Sweet Corn Soup
|Calories Per Serving:
- Cobs from 3 large ears Corn
- 1 small Onion, shredded
- ½ pound Carrots, sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 small or ½ medium Onion, chopped
- Prepare the stock by combining the corn cobs with shredded onions, garlic's and carrots in a large soup bowl along with water and bring it to boil. Lower down the heat have it covered and cook it for one hour. Strain the mixture and taste the stalk with seasoning.
- Next heat oil in a vessel and add the onion with ½ tsp of salt. Cook until the onions turn tender. Add the corn kernels and gently cook the mixture for 3 minutes constantly stirring and along with the addition of stock. Cover the vessel and cook it for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the content of the vessel into a blender and blend until the soup turns smooth. Strain the content and heat the soup again for a little time with required seasonings as per taste. Serve hot with little corn.