|Calories Per Serving:
- 5 tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 4 Thai Chilles, finely chopped
- A bunch Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Split Mung Beans (without skin, cooked & mashed)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetiada
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Sugar, for balance of taste
- 1/2 tsp Black or White Pepper Powder
- 3 cups Warm Water or Warm Veggie Broth
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 5 leaves Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water or Veggie broth to the cooked and mashed mung beans.
- Add all the ingredients (except lemon juice & tempering) in the cooked & mashed mung beans mixture and let it boil for at least 10 min..
- Heat the oil in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add Cumin seeds & Curry leaves.
- Add the above seasoning to the rasam.
- Take it out of the stove, allow the rasam to cool for about 10 min.
- Finally, add lemon juice, mix well and check for taste