German Style Egg Noodles
- 3 cups Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1 quart Cold Water
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine flour, eggs, salt and ½ cup of water together.
- Beat the ingredients till the batter is smooth and does not stick to the spoon. If required, more add water.
- The dough should be firm enough to be rolled out and cut into slivers or soft enough to be passed through a sieve, colander or spaetzle-maker with large holes.
- Pour water and little salt in a large pot and keep for boiling.
- When the water starts boiling, pass the dough through the spaetzle-maker, into the water.
- Alternately, you can roll the dough and cut into tiny noodles. Add the noodles into the boiling water.
- When the noodles float back to the surface, they are done.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
- You can serve them with a brown gravy or beef stock.