- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 large Idaho Potatoes (peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed, peeled, and minced)
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 4 Shiso Leaves (julienned)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds (toasted)
- Whisk the salt in 4 cups of water, until it is dissolved completely.
- Add potatoes and allow soaking for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oils in a non-stick pan, over high heat.
- Stir fry garlic for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Add potatoes and stir fry for 10 minutes, or till they are almost tender.
- Stir the sauces and chili paste together in a bowl, to make a smooth paste and add to the pan.
- Continue to stir fry the potatoes until the liquid is absorbed and the potatoes become crisp.
- Transfer to a plate, garnish with shiso and sesame seeds and serve.