Deep-Fried Yuba Rolls
- 8 slices dried Yuba, each about 8 inches (20cm) square
- 2 ounces (60g) Nagaimo Yam, peeled and finely diced
- 8 fresh Shiitake or Button Mushroom Caps, finely diced
- Dash of White Pepper
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour, dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- Vegetable Oil, for deep-frying
- ½ ounce (15g) Carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- Salt, for garnish
- Cover each slice of dried yuba in a wet cloth and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Place the yam and carrot in a vessel and add salt , cornstarch , pepper and mix them well together.
- Place the Yuba slices divide the vegetables into 8 equal portions and place each portion on top of a yuba slice. Fold the yuba over to make rectangular envelopes and seal them using flour-water mixture. Preheat the oil and deep fry the envelopes until they turn golden brown.
- Cut the Yuba envelopes into half and arrange them on a serving dish, garnish with salt.