Crabmeat With Wasabi Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sake
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 8 fresh Alaskan (snow) Crab sticks
- 16 long chives, stemmed
- ¼ Punnet mustard cress
- Ice water, for chilling
- 4 strips of Daikon 4 inches by 1/2 inch (10cm by 12mm)
For wasabi mayonnaise:
- ¾ oz (50g) light mayonnaise
- ¼ oz (10g) wasabi
- Add a little water in a pot and bring it to boil with salt and sake. Cover the sticks of crabmeat with a cotton cloth and tie them before you boil them. When the cloth appears to floats to the surface, have the crab removed and place them in ice water. Unwrap the crab legs once cooled.
- Mix the Wasabi and Mayonnaise to a smooth mixture. Have the crab stick cut in half. Tie 2 crab sticks together with 4 pieces chives. Serve the tied boiled crab in a bowl topped with wasabi mayonnaise, daikon strip and mustard cress.