Swedish Angel Crisps
|Calories Per Serving:
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Shortening
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- ½ cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Combine shortening, white sugar, brown sugar and butter in a mixing bowl. Cream them until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking soda and cream of tartar together.
- Stir into the sugar mixture. Mix well to form dough.
- Roll out the dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll each ball in chopped walnuts and then in granulated sugar.
- Place the balls on a non-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, till they turn light brown.