Swedish Chanterelle Mushroom Pate
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 Shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 pound fresh or frozen Chanterelle Mushrooms (torn)
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- ¾ pound Pork (ground)
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- 10 thin slices Smoked Ham
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Line a 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan with aluminum foil.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and melt one tablespoon of butter.
- Add in the garlic and shallots. Stir and cook till the shallot have softened and turned translucent, say for about 5 minutes.
- Remove into a mixing bowl and keep aside.
- Place the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chanterelle mushrooms and cook till they are tender and golden around the edges, say for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the parsley and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove the mushrooms and add to the shallots. Let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine together ground pork, egg whites, salt and pepper and mix into the mushrooms. Mix them until evenly blended.
- Stir in the whipping cream, until it is absorbed by the pork mixture.
- Line the smoked ham at the bottom and sides of the loaf pan.
- Place the pork mixture into the pan.
- Bake in the oven till the pate is no longer pinkish in the center, say for about 1 hour.
- Remove and slice the loaf.
- Serve hot or cold.