Thai Chicken Fettuccine Salad
|Calories Per Serving:
- 2 tbsp Orange juice
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Lettuce or Savoy Cabbage Leaves (optional)
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Peanut Halves
- 3 boneless & skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 pound)
- 6 ounces Uncooked Fettuccine (pasta)
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1/4 cup chunky Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ¼ cup thin Red Pepper Strips, cut into halves
- Slice the chicken into 1 inch pieces. Set it aside.
- Cook the pasta and drain it.
- During the time the pasta cooks, add salsa, honey, orange juice, peanut butter and ginger in a saucepan. Cook the mixture and stir over low heat. Reserve ¼ cup of mixture.
- Place the pasta in large bowl. Pour the remaining the salsa mixture over pasta. Toss it gently.
- Heat oil in a pan and over medium heat cook the chicken in hot oil about 5 minutes until it turns brown.
- Add the reserve salsa mixture now and mix thoroughly
- Arrange the pasta on a lettuce lined platter. Place chicken on pasta and top it up with peanut halves and pepper strips.
- Refrigerate the mixture and serve cool with additional salsa.