Banana Yeast Bread
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 5 to 6 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 packages Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 3 medium Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp Water
- In a large saucepan, pour the milk and heat it until it boils. Now, add butter and sugar to it. Stir it until the butter melts. Keep the mixture aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer jar, mix 2 cups of flour, yeast, salt, 2 eggs, bananas and milk mixture. Beat the mixture on a low speed for about 3 minutes, until it is well-blended. Add enough of flour to make firm dough.
- Spoon the mixture into two greased loaf pans. Cover the pan and keep it in a warm place to let it rise. This would take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Beat the remaining egg with water. Brush it over the loaves.
- Bake it at 375°F for 30-35 minutes, until its turns golden brown.