Pink Grapefruit Sorbet
|Calories Per Serving:
- 3 large Pink or Red Grapefruits (scrubbed)
- 1 cup White Sugar
- ¼ cup Light Corn Syrup
- 4 cups Water
- A dash of Red Food Coloring (optional)
- Remove three long strips of grapefruit peel (only the peel, not the pith), using a large vegetable peeler or large zester. Set aside.
- Squeeze out 2 cups of juice from the grapefruits.
- Combine grapefruits peel, white sugar, corn starch and water in a saucepan, placed over the stove.
- Stir well to dissolve the sugar and bring the contents to a boil. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- When the mixture has cooled down, keep it in the refrigerator to chill. Remove the grapefruit peel.
- Using a sieve or strainer, strain the grapefruit juice to remove the pulp. Discard the pulp.
- Combine together sugar syrup and grapefruit juice.
- Add in the red food coloring, one drop at a time, to get the desired pink color.
- Pour the preparation into a metal baking container and cover. Put it into the freezer.
- Stir occasionally, until the mixture has set partially, say for about 4 hours.
- Remove and process it in a blender and transfer back into the container.
- Freeze the sorbet until firm.
- Serve chilled.