Apple and Calvados Sorbet
- 1-1/3 cup Tart Apples (peeled, chopped)
- 3 cups Water
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Lemon Zest
- ¼ cup Calvados (French apple brandy)
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and combine together chopped tart apple, water and sugar.
- Stir the mixture to dissolve the sugar.
- Cover the pan and simmer over low heat.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or till the apples are soft and tender.
- Remove the pan and cool the mixture to room temperature.
- Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest and Calvados. Stir well.
- Pour the contents into shallow container and put it in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove and beat with an electric beater.
- Put it back for freezing. Repeat 2 to 3 times.
- Refreeze it until set and serve chilled.