|Calories Per Serving:
- 2½ cups Water
- 1¼ cups Sugar
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pour water in a medium saucepan and place over heat.
- Boil the water and stir in sugar and unsweetened cocoa.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from heat and add bittersweet chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Stir continuously to melt the chocolate.
- Cover the pan and chill completely in the refrigerator.
- Remove and pour the chocolate mixture into a freezer can and put it in the freezer, uncovered.
- Remove after the mixture has set and blend it in a food processor. Put it back into the freezer.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times.
- Finally, cover and freeze the sorbet for about 1 hour or until firm.