Okinawan Sweet Fritters
- 1 large Egg
- ½ cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup light Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup chunky or smooth Japanese Bean Paste
- 6 cups Peanut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Sugar (optional)
- Combine egg and milk in a small bowl. In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and Brown Sugar. Add the egg and milk to the flour mixture and stir it until it's blended.
- Stir in bean paste. In a shallow pan, heat oil to 175C and drop the batter into the hot oil. Fry them for about 3 to 5 minutes until they turn to brown.
- Cut open one fritter to be sure the batter is cooked well.
- Serve plain or with sugar