Onion Chicken Thighs with Umeboshi and Shiso
- 1 large Onion, minced
- 6 tbsp Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Splash of Sake
- Fresh coarsely ground Black Pepper
- 10 Umeboshi, pitted
- 1 pound (450g) boneless, skinless Chicken thighs
- 20 Shiso leaves, chopped, 1 tbsp reserved
- Preheat the oven to 400F. On a frying pan over high heat add 3 tbsp of olive oil and add the onion with salt and pepper. Cook softly for 5 minutes.
- Later add the onion into blender and add the umeboshi , shiso and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Blend the mixture with sake. Reserve separately about 3 tbsp of the mixture in a separate bowl.
- On the frying pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and heat it over maximum heat and fry the chicken until it turns brown. Later move the chicken and the blended onion mixture into a large bowl and mix them.
- Add a little olive oil to a baking dish and transfer the chicken to it. Bake the entire mixture until it turns golden for about 30 minutes. Have the chicken removed and add the reserved sauce and place it in oven again for few minutes before serving.