Cheesy Ham and Banana Casserole
- 12 slices White Bread
- 8 large slices Deli Ham
- 4 Bananas (sliced at a 45-degree angle)
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups Potato Chips (crushed)
- 6 slices Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cream
- A pinch of Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9 x 13 baking dish with butter.
- Butter both the sides of the bread slices.
- Place 6 bread slices at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer slices of deli ham on the bread slices.
- Place the banana slices on top of the ham slices.
- Layer the remaining 6 bread slices.
- Layer cheese, potato chips and bacon in this order.
- Take a large bowl and whisk the eggs.
- Add milk, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Beat the contents well.
- Pour the mixture over the casserole.
- Bake the preparation for 45 minutes or till brown and bubbly.
- Remove and cut the casserole into squares.
- Serve hot.