- 450 gms Plain Flour (sifted)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Dried Yeast
- 300 ml Warm Milk
- 300ml Warm Water
- Vegetable Oil
- 4 crumpet rings, greased
- Take flour and salt into a large bowl and stir in the sugar and yeast.
- Pour in the warm milk and water and mix to give quite a thick batter.
- Beat well until completely combined, cover it and keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
- After the mentioned time period, pour it into a large jug.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over low heat and pour a drop of oil.
- Put the greased crumpet rings in the pan and leave to heat up for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in enough mixture to fill the rings just over halfway up the sides.
- Leave to cook until plenty of small holes appear on the surface and the batter has just dried out.
- Remove the rings and turn over the crumpets to cook for a further minute or two on the other side.