Beet, Walnut and Prune Salad
- 5 medium Beets (scrubbed)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 20 pitted Prunes (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (pressed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Keep the beets in a saucepan, with just enough water to cover them. Place the pan on heat.
- Bring to a boil and then, simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes, or until the beets are fork-tender.
- Drain and rub the peel off the beets.
- Run them under cold water, until they are cold enough to be handled.
- Then, grate the beets using the largest setting.
- Place them in a serving bowl.
- Stir the walnuts, prunes and garlic into the beets.
- Mix mayonnaise and season with salt.