|Calories Per Serving:
- 1-1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Vanilla Pod (split)
- 3 Eggs (separated)
- 115 grams Caster Sugar
- For Islands
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat them in a clean bowl, until the eggs have firm peaks.
- Add 40 grams of sugar to the beaten egg whites and continue beating them.
- Put the eggs into boiling water to cook. Or, you can cook them for 45 seconds in a microwave on low power.
- Add vanilla pod to the milk and heat it over low-medium heat, until it bubbles slightly. Remove from heat, once it begins to bubble.
- Take a bowl and put the egg yolks in it, along with 75 grams of sugar.
- Pour this mixture on the hot milk and stir it well.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture in to a clean saucepan and heat it for 5 minutes, while stirring constantly. Ensure that it does not boil. It is best to heat it over low heat.
- Once the custard thickens to about the consistency of double cream, remove the vanilla pod and pour it into a jug.
- Pour the custard into bowls and place the islands on the top of it.