|Calories Per Serving:
- 4 pounds Sauerkraut (refrigerated, rinsed, drained)
- 1/2 pound Bacon (diced)
- 1 pound Boneless Pork Loin (cubed)
- 1/2 pound Ham (cubed)
- 1 pound Smoked Sausage (sliced)
- 1 pound Bratwurst (sliced)
- 3 Carrots (pared, sliced)
- 2 Large Onions (peeled, coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 10 Black Peppercorns
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 10 Juniper Berries
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 cups Fruity White Wine
- 1 Tart Green Apples (cored, coarsely chopped)
- Take a kettle with a lid and add the bacon, carrots and onion. Cook this slowly over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Take a large tea strainer and place the bay leaves, parsley, juniper berries, peppercorns and cloves into it.
- Add the tea bag with the ingredients, along with the wine, broth and the sauerkraut into the pot. Bring it to a boil and leave it to simmer for an hour.
- Add the ham, sausage, pork loin and bratwurst and let it simmer for one hour more.
- Add the apples to the pot and let it simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.