Holiday Fruit Salad
- 6 to 8 Apples
- 6 Oranges
- 1 lb Seedless Grapes
- 3 to 4 cans Fruit Cocktail, in heavy syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 Egg Yolks
- Peel apples and dice into small pieces.
- Peel oranges and dice into small pieces.
- Place apples in a bowl and add oranges (to prevent browning of apples)
- Add the grape, each cut in half.
- Add any other fruit, if desired.
- Open fruit cocktail and pour over fruit
- Toss to combine.
- With a large colander, drain the liquid from the fruit
- Place fruit liquid, sugar and egg yolks in a saucepan
- Cook and stir over medium heat, until slightly thickened, say about 15 minutes
- Cool and then mix gently into the fruit mixture.
- The salad is ready!