German Christmas Bread
- 2 cups (packed) Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Honey
- ¼ cup Orange Liqueur
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 1 2/3 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger (ground)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- ¼ tsp Cloves
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Almonds (bleached, slivered)
- Take a large bowl and mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in another bowl.
- Beat in eggs and mix well.
- Add honey, orange liqueur, sour cream and orange juice.
- Add in the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in raisins and blanched almonds.
- Grease a tube pan and dust it with flour.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake the mixture at 350°F, for 80 minutes.
- Remove and transfer on a wire rack.
- Allow the bread to cool, before serving.