Bitter Melon Soup in Sparerib Broth
- 2-3 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Spareribs
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce (mushroom)
- 1 pinch Ground Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Bitter Melon
- Spareribs should be 2" x 2" or smaller. You can ask your butcher to cut them for you. Heat up water and the pork on medium heat.
- Add ground pepper, garlic and soy sauce and let the soup simmer on low or medium heat.
- Cut the bitter melon across into 2 inch pieces. Cut those pieces lengthwise and remove the white fluff and seed.
- Add the cut bitter melon to the soup and let it simmer for an hour or until the bitter melon is soft and easy to cut with a spoon. You may need to add water from time to time. Add more soy sauce if needed.