Clams in Hot Basil
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 bunch Thai Basil, picked
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Nam Prig Pow
- 2 lbs Manila Clams
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 chili Peppers (crushed)
- Cut the peppers into thin slices.
- Rinse, scrub and drain the clams.
- Add oil to a skillet and set it to high heat.
- Add the garlic and chilli pepper and stir.
- Add the clams immediately.
- Stir till the clams open.
- Now add the fish sauce, nam prig pow and sugar and stir.
- Add the Thai basil and remove from heat.