|Calories Per Serving:
- ½ lb Beef
- 1 tbsp Masaman curry paste
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 1 cup Potato
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Cashews [Optional]
- 2 pinch Cardamom [Optional]
- 2 leaves Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Tamarind [Optional]
- 1 Cinnamon Stick [Optional]
- First of all, peel and cut up potatoes into big clods.
- Then, you can Cut the beef and onion into the same size. You can substitute chicken or lamb for beef, if you like.
- Then,heat Masaman curry paste and coconut milk in a pot over medium to low heat and stir it properly.
- Break up the paste and mix it well with the coconut milk. Stir it continously to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Once you find the red oil bubbling up (almost about 5 minutes), add the meat and stir to cover the meat with curry.
- Then you can add half a cup of water or enough cover all the meat. Slowly add the rest of the ingredients, except for potatoes, onion and cashew.
- After that stew for 1/2 hour or until beef is becoming tender.
- Then,add onion,potatoes and cashews. Let simmer it for 20 minutes more.
- after 20 mins, its liquid should be reduced and you should be able to see some chunks but, if you find that liquid as very low, you can add more water to it.
- Then,serve it hot with cucumber and vinegar.