Eggless Carrot Cake
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1½ cups All-purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1¼ cups Sugar
- 1½ cups Carrots (shredded)
- ¾ cups Oil
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 4 Cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Mixed Nuts
- ¼ cup Coconut Flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Shred carrots and keep in a bowl. Do not strain the water from carrots.
- Take a separate bowl and add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and cloves.
- Now add oil, sugar and yogurt and beat with a whisk, until it turns into a smooth batter.
- Add carrots, vanilla essence and nuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch cake tray.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake at 175 degrees Celsius for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and let it cool.
- Transfer the cake from the pan to a wire rack.
- You can sprinkle coconut flakes on the cake before serving, if desired.