Pickled Fish Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp pickled Fish
- 2-3 Shallots
- 1/3 Mudfish, grilled
- 1 Lime
- 5-7 Chili Peppers
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- First of all, remove the skin and bones from the fish.
- Then, in a mortar, pound the grilled shallots and fish together until the shallots are no longer recognizable.
- Add chili peppers slowly and pound lightly if you don't like it hot, otherwise, go for it.
- Over a low heat, you can add the coconut milk into a sauce pan or small pot.
- Then, add pickled fish to the pot and boil and stir for almost 2-4 minutes.
- You can turn off the heat after 4 minutes. Then, add the pounded mixture to the pot. Squeeze lime juice in.
- You might need more or less lime depending on your taste.
- You can use the whole lime if you wish and stir the mixture together.