Mung Bean Pudding
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Mung Beans
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- Boil mung beans in 2 cups of water until tender. It should take about 20 minutes.
- Dissolve tapioca flour in a cup of water and add to the boiling mung beans.
- Stir quickly and constantly to prevent the bottom from burning. It should thicken.
- Add more water if it gets too thick. Add more flour if too watery. A consistency of gravy is ideal.
- Add sugar, bring it back up to a boil and turn off the heat
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/3 cup of coconut milk with salt. Heat it up in the microwave for a few second just to warm it up. Don't let the coconut milk boil, otherwise it will separate.
- Serve hot with coconut milk on top.