- For Meat Filling
- 300 g Beef or Mutton (minced)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (ground, to taste)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- Herbs (chopped, optional)
- 250 g Wheat Flour
- A pinch of Salt
- Lukewarm Water
- Add a pinch of salt to enough lukewarm water required to knead dough.
- Add water to the flour and knead to form smooth, soft dough. Set the dough aside.
- After sometime, knead the dough again and cut into small pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball. Repeat with other pieces and leave them in a bowl.
- Sprinkle some flour on the balls, to avoid them sticking to each other.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine minced meat, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and other herbs together.
- Add some water, if required, to make the filling a little juicy.
- Roll out the dough balls into round circles, leaving the center thicker than the edges.
- Place a little meat filling in the center of the circle and seal the edges with your fingers.
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Dip the bottoms of each buuz in oil and place them in an inlay that will be inserted in the pot for steaming.
- Ensure that the buuz do not touch each other.
- Steam the buuz for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and fan some air with the help of a cutting board or newspaper, to give them a reddish glossy look.
- Serve hot.