- 1 lb Beef Flank Steak (sliced thin across the grain)
- 4 cups Peanut Oil (for deep frying)
- 1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dry Sherry or Rice Wine
- ½ tsp Ginger (freshly grated)
- 1 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (sliced thin)
- 4 Green Onions (sliced)
- 1 tsp Hoisin Sauce/ Barbeque Sauce
- ¼ tsp White Pepper (ground)
- Marinate beef steak with soy sauce, dry sherry and ginger mixture. Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Drain the marinade and separate the pieces.
- Place a deep pan on fire and heat peanut oil in it.
- Add the meat and fry for 1 minute. Remove and drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Place a saucepan on flame and heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in it.
- Add garlic and green onions. Stir for a minute.
- Add Hoison sauce and white pepper.
- Add the meat and stir until the meat is well cooked and hot.
- Serve hot.