Millet-Sweet Potato Congee
|Calories Per Serving:
- 1 cup Millet
- 6 cups Water
- 1 cup Sweet Potatoes (cooked, peeled and diced)
- 1 slice Ginger (peeled fresh)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 tbsp Honey
- Chestnuts or Walnuts (optional)
- Wash the millet thoroughly and drain it.
- Place a medium saucepan on fire and combine millet, water, ginger, cinnamon and nuts together.
- Boil the mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and cook till the mixture forms a porridge consistency, for about 1 hour.
- Add the sweet potatoes and stir until hot, to give the porridge a thick consistency.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in honey.
- Serve hot, in bowls.