Fried Fish with Tamarind Sauce
- 2 lb Firm White Fish
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- Peanut Oil, for frying
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup Tamarind Liquid
- Soy Sauce or Fish Sauce, to taste
- 1 tbsp Palm Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chili Paste
- 3 tbsp Green Onions (sliced thin)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (whole)
- Marinate the fish with salt turmeric and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the fish.
- Fry till both sides are golden brown.
- Now use the same oil and fry the garlic till brown.
- Add tamarind liquid, soya sauce, fish sauce, palm sugar and chili paste, and bring to a boil.
- To this, add the fish and simmer till the sauce is thick.
- Add the green onions and simmer for another minute.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.